Ngāti Rangitihi and Tūhourangi registered beneficiaries will now be able to enjoy Waimangu Volcanic Valley for free any day of the year, following a special offer from Waimangu directors and management. This new special offer replaces the Iwi Open Weekends that were previously only held once a year.
All bookings will be managed through the Te Mana offices (for Ngāti Rangitihi beneficiaries) and the Tūhourangi Traibal Authority office (for Tūhourangi registered beneficiaries), so that the registration details of beneficiaries can be verified.
For Ngāti Rangitihi bookings, you must be registered with Te Mana o Ngāti Rangitihi Trust to take up this offer. If you are not yet registered, please click here to register.
Details on the offer and how to book your free visit to Waimangu are below:
Special offer for all Ngāti Rangitihi registered beneficiaries
Free Walk and Boat Cruise (boat cruises subject to availability) at Waimangu.
Valid from 25 November 2019, until further notice.
Process to register:
- Ngāti Rangitihi member contacts the Te Mana offices to book a spot. Contact: Darcy or Alana – [email protected].
- Members will need to provide the following details to Te Mana:
- Full name
- Date of birth
- Member ID
- Email address
- Specify what activities they would like to do at Waimangu
- Day and time to visit
- Te Mana office will then contact Waimangu via email 48 hours from the visit date with details on numbers and names.
- Waimangu checks availability and either (1) confirms the booking or (2) suggests another date if space on the boat is not available (the walk is highly unlikely to be unavailable).
- Te Mana advises the manuhiri if their request to visit Waimangu for free has been approved.
Note: If the visit is not prearranged using this process, then manuhiri will have to pay for entry fees.