Te Mana o Ngāti Rangitihi Charitable Trust receives and administers settlement assets and other funding for charitable purposes. As a beneficiary of Te Mana o Ngāti Rangitihi Trust, you can apply for funding from the Te Mana o Ngāti Rangitihi Charitable Trust. In order to be considered, grant applications will be required to meet the charitable guidelines and criteria, and contribute to the strategic priorities for Te Mana o Ngāti Rangitihi Trust.
What grants are available?
The Charitable Trust allocates funding for charitable purposes in four categories:
- Community: Grants supporting programmes or events that focus on community participation and impactful engagement in the community. Applicants funded within this category will receive a one-off contribution for an event servicing the Ngāti Rangitihi community.
- Kaumātua: Grants aimed at maintaining or improving the health and well-being of our kaumātua.
- Sports: Grants recognising excellent participation and achievement in sports, by any Ngāti Rangitihi person or group.
- Tertiary education: Grants for the successful completion of an academic year to recognise achievement and perserverance in education. You may only apply for one grant per year.
We have also signed a Partnership Agreement with Victoria University, where they will match the amount we grant their students.
Download grant application forms
Click on each downloadable form below.
- Community grant application form
- Kaumātua grant application form
- Sports grant application form
- Tertiary education grant application form
- Monday 24 February
Applications must be received at least a week in advance of a meeting occurring. We do not fund applications that have already occurred (except for Education).
What if my project falls outside these categories?
The Charitable Trust may consider other applications which do not fall within these categories in exceptional circumstances, provided charitable criteria are met and they contribute to the strategic priorities for Te Mana o Ngāti Rangitihi Trust and the Charitable Trust. Please note, the Charitable Trust does not fund: • Projects or services that do not meet charitable criteria • Commercial and non-charitable organisations • Projects where local, central or other agencies would be the natural source of funding.
- Tia Warbrick
- Freda Semmens
- Toma Mason
- Theresa Rondon-Harvey
- Taichi Playle