Te Mana o Ngāti Rangitihi Charitable Trust receives and administers settlement assets and other funding for charitable purposes. As a beneficiary of Te Mana o Ngāti Rangitihi Trust, you can apply for funding from the Te Mana o Ngāti Rangitihi Charitable Trust. In order to be considered, grant applications will be required to meet the charitable guidelines and criteria, and contribute to the strategic priorities for Te Mana o Ngāti Rangitihi Trust.
Te Mana o Ngāti Rangitihi would like to advise that all grant applications for 2022 will close on Friday 21 October 2022.
What grants are available?
The Charitable Trust allocates funding for charitable purposes in four categories:
- Community: Grants supporting programmes or events that focus on community participation and impactful engagement in the community. Applicants funded within this category will receive a one-off contribution for an event servicing the Ngāti Rangitihi community. 2023 Applications: Open year-round and considered bi-monthly.
- Kaumātua: A grant aimed at maintaining or improving the health and well-being of our kaumātua. 2023 Applications: Close 27 October 2023.
- Sports: Grants recognising excellent participation and achievement in sports, by any Ngāti Rangitihi person or group. 2023 Applications: Open year-round and considered bi-monthly.
- Tertiary education: Grants for the successful completion of an academic year to recognise achievement and perseverance in education. You may only apply for one grant per year. 2023 Applications: Grant rounds will open on 1 September 2023, closing on 23 September 2023. Any tertiary applications that are received by us that don’t have the academic results attached due to the member not having received them yet, will be considered and if successful, the putea will be released once we have received the results.
We have also signed a Partnership Agreement with Victoria University, where they will match the amount we grant their students.
Te Mana ō Ngāti Rangitihi Charitable Trust are proud Taihonoa Partners of
Tertiary education grants awarded by Te Mana ō Ngāti Rangitihi Charitable Trust are matched dollar-for-dollar by Te Herenga Waka—Victoria University of Wellington through the Taihonoa partnership programme.
To be eligible, you must be enrolled at Te Herenga Waka—Victoria University of Wellington and must submit your grant application and results to Te Mana ō Ngāti Rangitihi Charitable Trust on the competition of a successful year of study.
APPLY FOR THE NEXT TERTIARY EDUCATION GRANT THAT IS OPEN TO YOU!
Download grant application forms
Click on each downloadable form below.
- Community grant application form
- Kaumātua grant application form
- Sports grant application form
- Tertiary education grant application form
How does our grant application process work?
Click here to read all about how our grant application process works.
What if my project falls outside these categories?
The Charitable Trust may consider other applications which do not fall within these categories in exceptional circumstances, provided charitable criteria are met and they contribute to the strategic priorities for Te Mana o Ngāti Rangitihi Trust and the Charitable Trust. Please note, the Charitable Trust does not fund:
- Projects or services that do not meet charitable criteria
- Commercial and non-charitable organisations
- Projects where local, central or other agencies would be the natural source of funding.
- Toma Mason – Chairperson
- Freda Semmens
- Tracey Raureti
- Sophie Tangitu
- Kereama Wright
Other Grants and Scholarships
The Eastern Bay of Plenty Forest and Bird Marine Education Scholarship
This scholarship is for part- or full-time marine biology students studying at a university or polytechnic with their family home in the districts of Whakatāne, Kawerau, Ōpōtiki or Murupara. The scholarship, a total fund of $2,000, aims to foster greater awareness, knowledge and appreciation of the values of the marine environment, particularly in the Eastern Bay of Plenty.
Pātai can be directed to Peter Fergusson via firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information and the application form, click here
Applications close Friday 18 November 2022.