Te Mana o Ngāti Rangithi Trading Trust seeks to establish a register of interested Ngāti Rangitihi members who want to be considered for appointment as a director of the Trading Trust, or as a director of a Ngāti Rangitihi-owned commercial entity.
About Te Mana o Ngāti Rangithi Trading Trust
The Trading Trust is an entity established by Te Mana o Ngāti Rangitihi Trust. Its role is to protect, manage and grow Ngāti Rangitihi financial assets. The Directors of the Trading Trust are appointed by Te Mana Trustees. They act independently of Te Mana Trustees but are guided in their decision making by an agreed Statement of Investment Policies and Objectives (SIPO).
From time to time, the Trading Trust will acquire commercial entities for Ngāti Rangitihi. The purchase of the 50% share in Waimangu Volcanic Valley is a recent example.
Particular skills / competencies sought:
The Trading Trust is looking for Iwi members with the following qualifications:
- Direct investment / investment management experience
- Proven experience and knowledge in direct investment planning, due diligence and investment implementation.
- Experience in establishing and managing joint ventures, including operational investments.
- Experience managing or investing in tourism, forestry or agriculture-based businesses, and commercial property.
- Able to apply principles of kaupapa Māori to investment decisions
- An ability to apply kaupapa Māori particularly with regard to balancing investment decisions with the kaitiakitanga of our maunga, awa and moana.
- Common sense and sound decision making with the long-term interests of the Ngāti Rangitihi people front of mind.
- Ideally, whakapapa to Ngāti Rangitihi.
- Property development / property management experience
- Proven experience in undertaking property development and/or property management in a commercial context.
- Finance / Investment experience
- An experienced finance / investment / business analyst and practitioner with significant domestic and/or international experience or knowledge.
- Strong understanding of investment and risk management principles with experience of key asset classes (bonds, equities and property).
- Governance and qualifications
- Experienced governor, particularly of commercially-based entities.
- Relevant commercial qualifications and experience.
Commitment required: As required
Remuneration: To be advised
Closing date for Expressions of Interest: Friday 14 February 2020
For further details, please contact:
Richard Barker (Director – Te Mana o Ngāti Rangitihi Limited): 027 839 7252
To register your Expression of Interest, please email your CV to: