Due to the recent COVID-19 developments, we have had to cancel our in-person Ratification Information Hui that were due to be held in Christchurch (12 August), Auckland (13 August), and in Matatā (16 August). Our Whānau Day has also had to be postponed.
However, we will be doing special Livestream Ratification Information Sessions with your Trustees and negotiators on the Te Mana Facebook page and the Te Mana website on the dates and times the hui were meant to take place:
- WEDNESDAY 12 AUGUST, 6PM-8PM
- THURSDAY 13 AUGUST, 6PM-8PM
- SUNDAY 16 AUGUST, 1PM-3PM
How to tune in to the livestream and ask your pātai:
- To view each livestream, go to the Te Mana Facebook page here: https://www.facebook.com/ngatirangitihi/
- You can also view the livestream via our Te Mana website here: www.ngatirangitihi.iwi.nz
- We are committed to ensuring as best as we can that whānau have the opportunity to ask any pātai you have on our settlement and the voting process. Whānau will be able to ask their questions live via the comments feed on Facebook, and we also encourage you to send any questions you have to [email protected] so that our Trustees can answer these on the livestream.
- The Facebook sessions will also be available to view after the livestream so if you can’t make the time, you can still watch after. We will also post links to the video on our website and send via email.
If any of your whānau do not have emails or in the internet, please check in on them and update them so that they have the latest information too.
We know this isn’t how we hoped the rest of our Ratification Information Hui would take place.
However, our priority is the health and safety of our people, in particular our kaumātua and all those considered at risk. Physical distancing requirements of two metres and limits of gatherings of 10 in Auckland, and 100 in the rest of Aotearoa, would make it difficult to hold ratification hui the way we are used to doing.
You can still vote online and by post
Voting is still open and still closes at 5pm on Sunday 23 August.
All registered members of Ngāti Rangitihi who are 18 years and over can still vote online and by post using the voting details posted and emailed to you. Ballot Box voting is no longer available, but all other voting options are.
Please vote whānau. It is important that all registered adult members take part in this process.
We apologise for any inconvenience this has caused, however we must do all we can to keep our people safe. Our thoughts are with our whānau in Auckland especially who are under Alert Level 3 lockdown.
Thank you for your continued support Ngāti Rangitihi whānui. It is our time to reconcile, to be recognised, to have a seat at the table, to have our own table, and to have our voices heard.
Let’s unite for a strong future for all descendants of Ngāti Rangitihi.
Most information on our settlement package
- For more information on our Deed of Settlement, voting, and dates for the Deed of Settlement Ratification Information Hui across Aotearoa, click here.
- Read our Information Booklet here.
- View our video presentation, explaining the settlement here.
- View and download maps of our cultural redress properties in and around Tarawera and Matatā by clicking on each of the areas below.
- Read our Deed of Settlement documents here.