As of Tuesday 23 February, Auckland joins the rest of Aotearoa under Alert Level 1. This is very reassuring news, particularly for our Auckland whānau, however we need to stay vigilant and take continue to take social distancing and hygiene precautions seriously. A few reminders about what this means are below:
- Our office in Matatā is physically open, but we ask all whānau to please continue to sign in using the COVID-19 tracer app, or manual register, and to use hand sanitiser.
- As always, please stay home if you are sick, and get tested.
- Keep track of where you’ve been and who you’ve seen, use the NZ COVID Tracer app, if you can.
- Physical distancing in public of at least 1m
- Wash your hands regularly with soap, and sneeze and cough into your elbow
- Wear a mask on public transport
- For more precautions, visit the official COVID-19 website: https://covid19.govt.nz/alert-system
Kaumātua and high-risk whānau
If our whānau need specific assistance:
- Fill out our COVID-19 support form here: https://ngatirangitihi.iwi.nz/news-events/te-mana-covid-19-response/
- Phone our office: Freephone 0800 AKATEA or 0800 252 832 / phone: 07 322 2452
- Email us at: [email protected]
- Send us a message on Facebook: www.facebook.com/ngatirangitihi
A reminder that there are a number of support networks available across Aotearoa run by key agencies to help support whānau. A comprehensive list is available here.